The caddy is also capable of storing empty pallets and packing material. Automated stations remove the waste material before the CaddyPick moves to the next order, making it possible to keep your warehouse clean at all times. Full pallet orders are automatically transported to the dispatch area.
It is configured using modules and scalable for small, mid-size and large distribution centers handling up to 300,000 cases per day. Typically used in the retail industry, it also provides for efficient picking, in general, for warehouses with high picking densities.
Why use Swisslog’s CaddyPick semi-automated case order-picking?
- Streamlined and more efficient processes due to automated hauling, putaway and replenishment function.
- Significant improvement of order filler performance due to automating the order start and order finish functions.
- Team approach to the picking function also increases system performance.
- Error-free picking through weight monitoring and easy pick dialogues on the pick displays.
- Quiet working environment in a palletjack-free working environment.
- Caddy vehicles can travel to any of all pick slots without losing pick efficiency.
- Safe picking environment: Security sensors on each vehicle cause less accidents than with manual fork lift trucks.
CaddyPick semi-automated picking process improves performance and reduces picking costs
What if you could reduce your labor costs and increase your picking throughput with less errors? That is exactly what TJ Morris did with CaddyPick®.