The Absolut Company, Sweden: Flexible automation expands with DC
The Absolut Company in Åhus, Sweden, famous as vodka brand, has expanded its distribution center several times with increasing global sales, brand extensions and different bottle sizes. The Absolut Company and Swisslog developed a plan for continuous improvement and modernization.
Only twelve employees run the warehouse
The fully automated distribution center handles Absolut drinks products automatically with conveyors, cranes and shuttles. The only part of the process that is not automated is final loading.
“Ten people work with the final manual loading and two people handle the planning and administration,” says Harri Tossavainen, Warehouse and Distribution Manager for The Absolut Company.
Benefits of Automation
- Increased efficiency and flexibility
- Scope for expansion and upgrading
- Flexible handling system adaptable to different customer needs
- Accurate inventory control and efficient transport flows
- Solution allows larger batch sizes of beverage goods
- Local field service assures reliable operation
Our distribution center in Åhus is fully automated with state-of-the-art solutions. Together with Swisslog, we will continually improve and further expand and develop our system in order to meet future demands for flexibility and efficiency.