Project Purchasing Manager EMEA
11 January 2021
Working as part of our #Procurement team with a great team spirit, you will use the power of technology to shape the future of intralogistics for forward-thinking customers. We’re offering a talented individual the opportunity to join our incredible team and get the most out of their potential – could it be you?
Make an impact
The main focus areas are within mechanical and electronic sub-systems for Swisslog automated warehouse solutions, adhering to international and local purchasing strategies. The Project Purchasing function is responsible for purchasing of general services and contracts related to Swisslog’s daily operations.
The function is responsible for the complete procurement process of sub-systems and services related to Swisslog project execution, achieving the targets of quality, cost, delivery time. Purchasing of subsystems and services can be racks, building equipment, Conveyors, Cranes, Robotics, special machinery and electrical and mechanical assemblies.
Purchasing Manager Key Activities:
- Implement procurement strategy and policy
- Continually develop expertise in logistic solutions to support growth for new projects
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react
- Maintain procurement files and track Purchasing activity and measurements
- Collaborate and actively participate in make or buy decisions and facilitate outsourcing activities
- Support the sourcing process by maintaining the purchasing activities; create effective routines and make them: usable, known, accepted, understood, available and used
- Keep an overall view of the process to avoid sub-optimizing of isolated purchasing activities
- Analyse processes and their quality, performance and propose improvements. This includes collecting, analysing and communicating the findings and the suggested improvements
- Collaborate as an integral part of the sales team to achieve sales results
- Collaborate as an integral part of the realisation team in NB and CS to achieve project results
- Lead the purchasing processes in the local region
Bring to the team
- High value project purchasing management experience
- Commodity knowledge of mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Good knowledge of contract regulations
- Strong negotiation skills
- International purchasing exposure
- Ideally degree qualified
- Purchasing qualifications
- Fluent Communication in English; fluent in written and spoken
- Good and proven knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Ideally SAP knowledge with a focus on material management (MM)
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.