Controls Systems Engineer
04 September 2023
Make an impact
Competitive salary, plus company car allowance, paid callout and overtime. Excellent benefits to include, employer contributory pension, life insurance, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus stats.
- Working on upgrades and modifications, delivering successful product solutions, that are fully tested, commissioned, and documented for our customers.
- Control systems definition, standards, design, specification, concept, and responsibility for engineering of PLC / IPC based controls for fully automated Warehouse Systems.
- Specification, design, coding, and test of controls software.
- Create and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Provide second and third level support for support colleagues if needs to be fixed.
- Function as a key player within the team.
Bring to the team
- You will be a degree qualified Electrical / Automation Engineer or have comparable industry experience.
- You will need a strong knowledge of at least one of the following hardware platforms and associated programming languages – Beckhoff, Twin CAT, Rockwell PLC5, 500, 5000 & Siemens S7, TIA Portal.
- You need to be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings.
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation and commissioning.
- Able to provide remote support to customer sites one week in three.
- A good knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (conveyors, monorail, etc.) would be advantageous.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
WE OFFERSwisslog is part of a global organisation that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance, and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
A great working environment
Working with advanced technologies
Encourages new ideas & innovations
Future-oriented projects with leading brands
Hands on training & skills development