Controls System Engineer
04 May 2021
Make an impact
- The Controls Engineer will perform the role of Electrical Project Engineer in terms of control system definition, standards, design, specification and concept.
- Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
- To function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.
- Involvement in system definition.
- Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.
- Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers.
- Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
- May be required to provide technical support to sales department and assist in the preparation and presentation of sales tenders and proposals
Bring to the team
- Industrial experience is required with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages – Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell (Allen Bradley).
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit
- Advantage to have knowledge of industrial warehouse systems cranes, monorails etc.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Mitsubishi, Modicon, etc).
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
WE OFFERSwisslog is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- A great working environment
- Working with advanced technologies
- Encourages new ideas & innovations
- Empowerment & project ownership
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
- Hands on training & skills development
- Domestic and international career opportunities