Software Technical Leader / Senior Java EE Developer
02 December 2022
The Software Technical Leader is overall responsible for the technical realization of Software projects and to lead multicultural teams in projects. The responsibility also includes to plan roadmaps for long term projects and to monitor the project delivery closely and continuously collaborate internally as well as externally.
Our Technical leaders at Swisslog have a broad competence and knowledge of our Swisslog products and systems. Therefor we are looking for a senior Java EE developer who can join our team, and within the first 12 months grow into a Technical Leader with the help of trainings and Swisslog onboarding. We currently have a SWTL position open within our Operations team as well as within our Customer Service team.
Make an impact
- You will lead a team of Software Engineers, designing and developing software customizations to Swisslog standard software solutions for manual and automated warehousing operations.
- You will transform functional requirements into software design, code and validate it according to the defined test cases.
- You will technically assist team members in the knowledge of our existing products and processes.
- You will ensure that technical documentation produced for a project is kept up-to-date and according to the projects requirements.
- You will develop a concept for the realization of the projects and allocate tasks to the different team members.
- You will also be responsible for reviewing functional specifications made by the Software Solution Architect. As well as timely updating project progress information to the Project Manager and Integration Manager.
Bring to the team
- Degree in computer science or related subject.
- Strong skills in Java (SE, EE) and enterprise frameworks: EJB, JPA, JMS, Web services.
- Understanding of Relational database concept, architecture, and SQL programming.
- Experience in a commercial software development environment.
- Previous experience in the senior development role.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and preferably also in Swedish.
- We consider it desirable if you have experience the supply chain or logistics. As well as knowledge of automated material handling products.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.