Resident Engineer - P&G
30 July 2022
Make an impact
- We are looking for a Resident Site Engineer / Maintenance Engineer to carry out automated materials handling equipment servicing, in accordance with quality standards.
- The role is working Monday to Friday, 6-2 / 2-10 rotating. With occasional Saturday shifts, where you would work Tuesday to Saturday instead.
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown and planned preventative maintenance on a variety of automated machinery, to include dock leveller, packaging machinery, chain and roller conveyors and cranes.
- Working with Siemens S7 and safety PLC's.
- Always comply with Health & Safety legislation.
- Working at heights.
- To always ensure quality of output.
- Always maintain product flow.
- To ensure on-site spares are kept to optimum levels.
- To always represent the company in a professional manner and maintain customer relations.
- To adhere to the Quality processes and procedures as set out by the company.
- All decisions made on site are always with customer in mind providing a world class customer service.
- To accurately record all work undertaken, ensuring the CMMS is maintained and updated.
Bring to the team
- As Resident Site Engineer / Maintenance Engineer you will have a good all round Electrical and Mechanical understanding.
- Time served engineer or ONC in Electrical OR Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of working with automated machinery is essential for this role.
- Good understanding of PLC systems, Siemens S7 desirable, but other systems will be considered.
- Happy to work at heights.
- This is a customer facing role, so you must be able to communicate effectively at all levels,
- 17th or 18th Edition.
- Wiring regulations and Inspection and Testing OR willing to study for these.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
WE OFFERSwisslog is part of a global organisation that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A great working environment
- Working with advanced technologies
- Encourages new ideas & innovations
- Empowerment & project ownership
- Multi-cultural workplace that promotes diversity
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
- Hands on training & skills development
- Domestic and international career opportunities.