IT Demand and Project Manager
31 October 2022
Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
We’re offering a talented individual the opportunity to join our incredible team as an IT Demand and Project Manager. Swisslog's head office in the UK is based in Redditch this role can be performed remotely however.
Make an impact
- Manage IT Projects that result from approved demands (as IT Project Manager), following Project Management best practices (based on PMI). This includes: project plan definition, tracking, status updates, schedule, budget and issue management.
- Supporting and on occasion managing, IT Business Demands (either directly or as assigned by Head of IT), and manage the relevant Demand Management process, from understanding/documenting current state, collecting and defining business requirements in collaboration with relevant business stakeholders.
- Drive and manage architectural solution and data approach, providing input to the overall enterprise applications landscape and receiving feedback from it, so that to define options for solutions that fit into the overall landscape and that contribute to improve it.
- Consolidate requirements into a confirmed scope and identify options for IT Solutions (Applications and relevant tools), relevant proposals and Business Case for review and approval.
- Manage all relevant stakeholder, across the different organizations within Swisslog and the wider group, setting and managing expectations, coordinating, consulting and informing as appropriate with a proactive attitude
- Act with integrity and leading project teams by example and coaching as appropriate
- Willing to travel overseas occasionally as required by assigned initiatives
Bring to the team
- Must have over (5) years’ experience with IT/IS project management and/or IT Functional/Architectural related responsibilities
- Experience with managing IT Demands/Business Requirements and their delivery through Project Management
- Background from previous companies in similar industries, proficient in at least one, and familiar with more than one of the following: Design/Engineering, Manufacturing, Project-based realization and After Sales (Customer Service)
- IT Project Management (preferably based on PMI or other recognized PM standard).
- Enterprise Architecture, understanding “big picture” architectural approach to IT Enterprise Applications (functional), so that to contribute to shape Swisslog Architecture and provide input to it, while managing demands for new solutions.
- Demand Management: familiar with Business Requirements collection and definition (functional consultant approach), evaluation of priorities, business value (business case approach), costs estimates.
- Familiar with current main solutions on the market, including cloud-based and enterprise applications (SAP, Salesforce, Field Service Management, PLM, Manufacturing), with expertise background ideally in Document Management Systems like BOX.COM, any of the following is a bonus: Manufacturing/PLM and/or After Sales (Customer Service), and/or On Site Product Installation (Project-based Realization).
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- English Language full proficiency
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
WE OFFERSwisslog is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- A great working environment
- Working with advanced technologies
- Encourages new ideas & innovation
- Empowerment & project ownership
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
- Hands on training & skills development
- Domestic and international career opportunities