Health & Safety Manager (m/w/d)
30 August 2021
Make an impact
- Review and develop all aspects of Swisslog’s Health and Safety Policy and Management System
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that Swisslog has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
- Lead in creating and maintaining a climate in which individuals feel safety has high value and that they are clear about responsibilities, safety aims and objectives within the business.
- Work proactively with management to establish and maintain a development programme of continuous improvement in the Health and Safety
- Ensure that a thorough accident management system is in place, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Maintain the accident and near miss records and prepare reports for Health and Safety Committee
- Ensure that appropriate training records are renewed and maintained in compliance with legal requirements
- Establish effective communication at all levels of customer business
- Identify needs for skill development and propose training and skills development measures and facilitate and organize the necessary training (together with HR) and workshops including lessons learned workshops to help establish a learning organization.
- Satisfying Customer requirements by participating in monthly site meetings with Maintenance Team Managers and customers on OH&S issues, when required.
Bring to the team
- Required qualification to act as “Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit” according to DGUV, desirable Diploma as “Sicherheitsingenieur"
- Completion of approved Workplace Health and Safety certifications
- Formal certificate of qualification in first-aid
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a comparable function
- Thorough understanding of local OH&S Legislation
- Ability to interpret policies and legislations
- Profound knowledge and experience in Health and Safety.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.