Business Development Manager Italy
13 March 2023
Make an impact
- Business Development generates leads following an effective lead generation process, aimed at our target markets and ideal fit customer profiles
- Activity plans (campaigns, initiatives, events etc.) are developed, together with the local marketing functions
- Driving the acquisition of target customers directly, before handing over to sales
- Key user of the company CRM system in regards of the business development and lead generation processes
- Plan and carry out business development activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Qualify leads according to strategy and business plans in coordination with sales and HoBD EMEA where appropriate
- Convert qualified leads to opportunities and hand over to sales
- Support Marketing in carrying out market research, competitor and customer surveys
- Support with launching of new products and solutions to the market.
- Frequent reporting to the Head of Business Development EMEA on lead generation (volume, number, health and conversion rate) and status of activities
Bring to the team
- Intralogistics market and applications knowledge
- The ability to interact face-to-face with customers at a high level (e.g. C-Level).
- Proven successes of working within a professional business development or sales environment, having supported via market research, lead generation and supporting bid proposals.
- The ability to conduct presentations at a professional level.
- A proven competency of working with CRM systems
- A high level of computer literacy, combined with a natural creative flair and a close attention to detail.
- Convincing and persuasive
- Able to put the customers view and situation in focus
- Excellent listening skills
- Continuously seeks improvements
- Takes responsibility for his/her actions
- Adapts to new and changing demands and situations
- Plans and organizes multiple tasks or projects
- Accuracy in numerical and written work.
- Fluent English / Native Italian
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.