Essity: The Cornerstone of Stacking and Retrieving
Leading hygiene and health company, Essity facility in Hoogezand has a strategic position within the group. Essity chose Swisslog, who in the role of main contractor took charge of the entire project, from design and construction of the new high-bay warehouse – measuring 30 meters high and 120 meters wide with around 27,000 pallet locations.
Swisslog Monorail is the Heart of the System
- Efficient state-of-the-art technology
- Control over processes and products; minimal chance of error
- Automation enables cost savings including workforce
- Reliable re-palletization solution offers maximum flexibility
- Effective error follow-up and extensive reporting capabilities thanks to Swisslog's SynQ software
- Clear communication both during and after the project
The re-palletization method and the WMS played particularly important roles. We also had a strong preference for a Dutch-speaking partner.