Essity Automates Storage and Retrieval for Greater Efficiency
Leading hygiene and health company, Essity has automated its strategic distribution facility in Hoogezand. Working with Swisslog as the main contractor for the entire project, Essity's new high-bay warehouse measures 30 meters high by 120 meters wide with approximately 27,000 pallet locations.
Swisslog Monorail is the Heart of the System
- Efficient state-of-the-art technology
- Control over processes and products; minimal chance of error
- Automation enables cost savings including workforce
- Reliable re-palletization solution offers maximum flexibility
- Effective error follow-up and extensive reporting capabilities thanks to Swisslog's SynQ software
- Clear communication both during and after the project
The re-palletization method and the WMS played particularly important roles. We also had a strong preference for a Dutch-speaking partner.