For more flexibility Tornado offers a choice of two standard high performance load handling devices that cater to different qualities of products – TelescopeLoader for totes or trays in ledger angle racks and CartonLoader for cartons, totes or trays on shelf racks.
The miniload crane offers single, double and quadruple deep storage as a standard. With maximum height of 24 m, the miniload crane minimizes the warehouse footprint. The great height is complemented by a maximum aisle length of 150 m. This makes the Tornado miniload crane a versatile storage and retrieval system for small loads.
What makes Swisslog’s Tornado so unique?
- Minimized footprint – Miniload cranes can be build up to 24 m high making better use of space. This is complemented by aisle lengths of up to 150 m.
- Storage density is further improved by short run out zones.
- System can easily be integrated with other Swisslog subsystems including conveyors, robots and software, thanks to predefined standards.
- Easy access to drive components for quick service and maintenance thus minimized downtime.
- Standard and customized versions of load handling devices available.
- Reduced operational costs thanks to low energy consumption with patented lightweight aluminum construction of the mast.
- Future-proof concept with CartonLoader in case of unknown future load dimensions.
- Safe handling of a wide range of goods in terms of type, size, weight and quality.
- Controls are integral part of Swisslog’s software SynQ. In addition to the core processes you will get access to analytical tools. These will help you to better evaluate and make smart decisions in your warehouse.
Imagine you could automate your warehouse and still be energy efficient? That is what TJ Morris did with Tornado!