Software Quality Assurance Manager
June 13, 2023
Make an impact
- The Software Quality Assurance Manager is expected to manage a Software Quality Assurance team with engineers located in Newport News VA, Mason OH, and other locations, including remote. Team members that you will manage support multiple projects. Projects typically run 3-6 months in duration and are comprised of 5-8 people each in team size. Teams include software engineers, SQA engineers, and a scrum master.
- The Software Quality Assurance Manager is expected to provide guidance across multiple projects and ensure that the execution of development /QA activities on projects are following agreed to project plans, schedules and milestones.
- The Software Quality Assurance Manager will provide recommendations on staff plans and assignments on projects and will be also responsible for maintaining a balance on technical project staffing for projects.
- While not a Software Quality Assurance role, software development and QA experience is required. The Software Quality Assurance Manager will have experience in full stack JAVA application development and have demonstrable experience with Oracle Db, MSQL, and Oracle Weblogic, Wildfly. Knowledge of tools utilized throughout the Software Development Life Cycle is essential. Knowledge in the best practices for integration, application of IT systems, robotics, virtualization is desired.
- The Software Quality Assurance Manager will have solid experience in agile methodologies. Experience with best practices, team coaching, and establishing processes is required. Experience as a scrum master is desired.
- The Software Quality Assurance Manager will communicate throughout all levels of the organization effectively. This includes communicating team status when required, technical challenges, identifying areas of high risks and risk mitigation strategies to project management, the director of software engineering and other stakeholders.
- The Software Quality Assurance Manager will assist in the day to day operations and will also be responsible for assisting in the development of department budgets, maintaining budgets and staffing levels.
Bring to the team
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent Engineering degree
- Experience with modern CI/CD environments
- Ability to travel
- Experience with Java programming, including JEE, XML, web services, JMS
- Database experience, including SQL, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Experience with application servers, preferably WebLogic, WildFly
- Experience with release management processes
- Experience leading/coaching/mentoring software development teams in an agile environment
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience with Test and Integration platforms such as SonarQube; Jenkins
- Experience with JUnit
- Module testing
- Web application testing
- Web Interface testing
- Client Server environments
- Automated test tools and testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Experience with source / revision control systems such as Subversion (SVN)
- Oracle DBA, PL/SQL, Java certifications
- Evidence of continued training course work, certifications, etc. in software development/QA and management/leadership
- Experience in the robotics, material flow, warehouse management systems
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with an Application Performance Management solution
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.