Resident Engineer - Wartsila
September 13, 2023
Make an impact
- All-round maintenance and support technician in a small team that is permanently based at a customer site.
- The team is responsible for all logistics automation and building-related systems in and around a large distribution centre. This often involves collaboration with external colleagues and contractors.
- You will work in a dynamic environment with a lot of variety in the daily tasks.
- Working an early, late and (sometimes) night shifts (24/5) including standby arrangements.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Solving malfunctions and user problems of a mechanical, electronics and automation related nature (PLC & IT) where the time factor is essential.
- Propose ideas for improving systems or processes.
- Organizing improvements or repairs.
- Setting up documentation, maintenance, inspections and management of new technical systems or devices.
- A high awareness and adherence to company and customer safety regulations will be required at all times.
Bring to the team
- Technical E-/WTB education at a minimum “MBO” level.
- Broad knowledge in mechanics, hydraulics, electrical installations and an interest automation systems.
- Self starter mentality and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good customer service skills including being able to communicate at all levels
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing to participate in stand-by shifts outside normal team working hours.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.