September 26, 2023
Make an impact
•Will function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project timing.
This role will be based out of our Mason, OH office, or Newport News, VA office.
Bring to the team
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or System Engineering
- Courses in automated material handling, logistics applications
- Computer literate in all MS Office products and AutoCAD.
- Basic understanding of Industrial Automation and Control Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to review and finalize the technical details and interface of subsystem design provided by external and internal suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide “attention to detail” of a high-tech installation in a similar environment.
- Able to take ownership of assigned project responsibilities and deliver a successful project outcome to customer expectations
- Cost calculation of contract variation for different solution designed and offered by the Project Manager
- Ensure that the mechanical, electrical and controls aspects of the project are carried out in a manner which is in line with applicable codes and Swisslog Standards Including Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD design, drafting, modeling, and engineering software
- Experience with mechanical and electrical site installation, commissioning, and testing.
- Basic understanding of Industrial Automation – specifically Control Systems for automated material handling equipment.
- MS Project, Solid Works (or other 3D-modelling software)
- Experience with racking applications, sprinklers and building interfaces.
- Experience in applicable codes and regulations NEC, OSHA, ASME
- Understanding of warehouse management software products.
- Application knowledge of Automated Material Handling Equipment such as Autostore or Light Goods Conveyors
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.