CS Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA)
March 31, 2021
• The SQA Engineer position is usually someone that has a minimum of 5 years industry experience in Software Testing and/or SQA work level experience.
• The SQA Engineer is expected to work in small team sizes (3-5).
• A SQA Engineer will participate in customer workshops; review code; review developed until test cases and have software development skills to be able to create and modify unit level test cases where needed.
• A SQA Engineer will be able to work autonomously at customer work-sites when required and will work on multiple projects / assignments.
• A SQA Engineer will be able to not only participate on testing activities but also lead test activities for a project
• A SQA Engineer will be able to create software testing activity estimates for projects.
Make an impact
| Core tasks |
The SQA Engineer will perform software development work on applications
Participate in requirements gathering, system analysis, and business analysis workshops with the customer
Review software design documentation and low level design specifications
Review developed code and derive test cases from the code reviewed
Complete assignments on-time and with quality
Participate in the creation of acceptance test documentation.
Participate in peer reviews
Develop test procedures
Create / Modify Acceptance Test Guidelines and best practices
Test developed code
Participate in acceptance testing with customer
Participate in on-site system commissioning
Participate in on-site system support
Carry out remote first/second level system support inside and outside of office hours
Liaise with customer, project managers, and Swisslog management and peers
Bring to the team
• Experience with testing PL/SQL
• Experience with Test and Integration platforms
• Oracle Forms and Reports testing
• Client Server environments
• Experience with source / revision control systems such as Subversion (SVN), CVS
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of time to project site to commission Manual or Automated Warehouse Management Systems
- Be able to test software in accordance with design requirements
- Deliver defined parts of a project, including design, implementation, testing, integration, and documentation
- Good relational database design and programming knowledge
- RDBMS concepts
- JDBC and SQL
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.