Controls Software Engineer
Location: Swisslog, UK Redditch
March 1, 2023
Redditch, United Kingdom
Make an impact
- A Controls Software Engineer who is responsible for the application engineering of HMI/PLC systems, for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems (WCS).
- To function as a key player within our project team, to deliver the system fully tested and documented to site, to the required specifications and project schedule.
- Involvement in system definition design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.
- Create and maintain good relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
- May be required to provide technical support to sales department and assist in the preparation and presentation of sales tenders and proposals
- May be required to travel within EMEA
Bring to the team
- A Controls Software Engineer with industrial experience, with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages – Beckhoff / Siemens S7.
- You will be able to program in Structured Text (Beckhoff) and SCL (Siemens).
- You will be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings.
- You will need practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit.
- It would be advantageous to have knowledge of industrial warehouse systems, cranes, monorails etc.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. EtherCat, ProfiNet, PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Rockwell (Allen Bradley), etc).
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
WE OFFERSwisslog is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
A great working environment
Working with advanced technologies
Encourages new ideas & innovations
Empowerment & project ownership
Future-oriented projects with leading brands