April 11, 2023
The Controls Engineer analyzes the system performance including PLC timers, error rates, material flow, etc and makes enhancements to drive continuous improvement. The Controls Engineer will work as part of a team and will be utilized to provide coaching and training to other members of the team as needed. The Controls Engineer also assists with error recovery if necessary and is responsible for the overall controls system performance.
The Controls Engineer may be responsible for project management including interfacing with OEM’s and coordinating hardware and software requirements, managing their timeline, and assisting in the testing and startup of their controls and electrical systems.
On customer location, USA
Make an impact
- Analyze system performance to include PLC timers, error rates, material flow, etc.
- Drives continuous improvement through analysis of the system and making or suggesting changes to the controls architecture
- Project management coordinating hardware and software requirements with OEM’s and managing the project timeline
- Assist with error recovery and troubleshooting of controls system.
- Required to provide out of hours (pager) support for installed control system
Bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in the automation industry working with and programming PLC's (Siemens Simatic, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, etc)
- Several years industrial experience with sound knowledge of Swisslog’s standard programming language, Siemens S7 is desired
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Experience in the management of subcontractors delivering electrical installations and control systems
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Sales Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (conveyors, monorail, etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet, ECAT and traditional field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASi)
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) configuration and setup
- Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE
- Familiar with Vision Systems (e.g. Cognex, Keyence)
- Familiar with various barcode scanners (SICK, Cognex)
- Troubleshooting experience with industrial control systems
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.