SWS Software Engineer I
October 11, 2021
· The Software Engineer I position is an entry level position.
· The Software Engineer I is expected to work in small team sizes (3-5) on projects which run from 2-6 months in duration.
· A Software Engineer I will possess basic software development skills.
· A Software Engineer I will be fast learners and self-motivated.
· A Software Engineer I will take on tasks with specific and limited scope and follow them through to completion.
Make an impact
- The Software Engineer will perform software development work on applications
- Participate in requirements gathering, system analysis, and business analysis workshops with the customer
- Complete assignments on-time and with quality
- Participate in the creation of acceptance test documents
- Participate in peer reviews
- Develop code
- Test developed code
- Participate in acceptance testing with customer
- Participate in on-site system commissioning
- Participate in on-site system support
- Carry out remote first/second level system support inside and outside of office hours
- Liaise with customer, project managers, and Swisslog
Bring to the team
- Must demonstrate ability to apply basic software development skills within Swisslog application’s development framework.
- Engage with customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Complete agreed to software development assignments within the allotted time with quality.
- Participate in code reviews when assigned.
- Integrate well with on-site commissioning team.
- Provide timely resolution to issues found during production hours as they are assigned.
- Update open issues list accordingly.
- Support the creation of test documentation that other team members can quickly and easily follow.
- Provide clear and timely feedback that can be maintained in project repository.
- Develop code that is adequately formatted based on best practices, and laid out with clear remarks and clear trace messaging that other team members can easily understand, debug or enhance.
- Test extensively before implementing code into development/production environment. Code testing includes unit, end-to-end integration, and system testing.
- Engage with customer in a professional and courteous manner
- Produce clear and complete open issues list items.
- Follow all on-site / customer safety regulations.
- Engage with customer in a professional and tasks and measurable indicators of individual performance
- Provide timely resolutions to issues found.
- Provide clear, concise and timely report of issue resolution.
- Assist customer support organization in resolving problems.
- Engage with Swisslog team in a professional, timely and courteous manner.
- Follow company guidelines on software development practices, usage of The Library and other project artifact repositories (e.g. SVN).
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.