Operations and Compliance Manager
December 2, 2021
Your commitment to lead and coordinate all necessary tasks, including thorough reviews of proposals, contracts, specifications and drawings, site surveys, system design, and equipment procurement ensures that your projects will be delivered on time, on budget, and with superior quality. Your determination to develop strong relationships with your customers, combined with your ability to lead, manage and motivate internal teams and sub-contractors are key drivers for outstanding customer satisfaction. By taking responsibility for cost management, change order processing, project completion, and close out, you will become part of Swisslog’s continuing success and growth in North America.
Make an impact
- Construction Management:
- Act as the company’s Responsible Managing Employee (“RME”) for purposes of obtaining General Building Contractor Licenses in various states.
- Ensure compliance with applicable construction, safety, health laws within the Building Contractor and RME area.
- Ensure that internal and external project work meets the highest standards of workmanship based on industry standards.
- Develop and implement construction industry-specific key performance indicators to monitor and evaluate the performance of construction firms
- Leading performing risk assessment activities to identify risks and areas of improvement within the Building Contractor and RME area.
- Proactively develop and recommend internal controls to mitigate risks to the achievement of Construction
- Perform review construction documents, construction contracts, RFQ, proposals and other documents as required to comply with state and local laws
- Perform the review of construction agreements alongside the legal department to ensure the terms of the contracts are adhered to
- Ensure that the project team works according to budget and increase cost-efficiency. Identify financial risks early and mitigate accordingly.
- Advise and manage the project team on necessary regulatory inspections and scheduling.
- Monitor project progress, on-site construction works, commissioning and tests to ensure compliance with internal requirements and external regulations.
- Coordinate and supervise all training and system documentation.
Attend sales meetings and sales presentations to customers and lend support as needed.
Learn required technologies.
Bring to the team
(-) Bullet 1 (-)
(-) Bullet 2 (-)
(-) Bullet 3 (-)
(-) Bullet 4 (-)
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, (Civil) Engineering, or related degree or equivalent job experience.
- Clean driving record.
- At least 5 years of experience in construction operations, logistics and project management including experience of setting up and managing contract compliance and quality systems and processes
- The ability to lead continuous improvement as part of company culture
- Experience in developing and implementing logistical and operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to compose and interpret technical documentation (drawings, manuals, specifications, etc.).
- Proven track record in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with the ability to be flexible and adapt well to change.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentational communications skills are required – must be capable of learning from others.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office suite products (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project).
- Well-versed in construction contractor trades.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective planning abilities, not only with project scheduling.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically. Some International travel may be required.
- Ability to analyze data and information to develop solutions.