Technical Support Engineer I
July 18, 2023
Responsible for performing preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance tasks on the system. The Technician is also the first line of defense in a machine down or error recovery situation. The Technician is required to record all work and activities performed as work orders. Work orders will be completed and stored using the CMMS system. The Technician is responsible for including the following information in the work order: what piece of equipment was worked on, a description of the PM activity or the error encountered, the total time spent completing the work, all parts used during the work, and a brief description of the work done to perform the PM or correct the error.
The technician is also responsible for taking care of all tools including individual and shared and is also responsible for maintaining a clean work area. This includes cleaning the shop after each use, following the shop cleaning schedule and completing the checklist, and following all 5S standards.
The technicians will also be asked to provide feedback on maintenance tasks, parts descriptions, work instructions, etc. This feedback will be used to drive improvement opportunities in these areas which can translate to improvements in the department.
Make an impact
- Operate, troubleshoot and maintain a fully automated distribution warehouse.
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians to diagnose and troubleshoot the customers' distribution process.
- Support, maintain, repair, and upgrade installed automated conveyance system.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all automated equipment on a periodic basis.
- Troubleshoot systems down to component level. Including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
Bring to the team
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical service environment inclusive of strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting. Hydraulic repair experience a plus. Allen Bradley PLC experience a plus.
- Experience with Word/Excel/Powerpoint MS cloud products, SAP experience a plus.
- Must be highly articulate, proactive and self-motivated; excellent written and verbal communication; demonstrated presentation skills. The ability to fill out forms/reports correctly and legibly required.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.