Mechanical Design Engineer
June 6, 2023
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer based in Edegem with hybrid working available.
Make an impact
- You will transfer our initial solution into a specific and detailed design and concretize the requirements from a technical aspect based on tool output relation to subsystems. You will be responsible for lay outing the design using design tools such as Revit and AutoCAD.
- You will challenge and optimize the overall solution and cost calculations for our projects and prepare specifications of technical requirements.
- You will work closely with the Project Manager supporting during the implementation phase, drawing up the technical specifications in the realization phase and be responsible for continuous adaptions and updates of layouts throughout the project.
- You will prepare and finalize safety-, risk- and hazard analysis, create constructability assessments and prepare maintenance considerations.
- You will take ownership towards our customers in terms of solution and technical aspects in the projects.
Bring to the team
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant technical area.
- Some years of experience working with technical requirements, preferably you have been working with site installations in an industrial context.
- You are familiar with safety, risk and hazard analysis and able to execute them.
- Experience of working with 3D Design and layout tools such as Revit or similar, we would consider it meritorious if you have experience of 2D tools such as AutoCAD or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and preferably also in French.
- We consider it desirable if you have experience in the supply chain or logistics field. As well as knowledge of automated material handling products and integrated systems.
- The successful candidate is an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with in-depth technical knowledge and practical understanding. You have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concise throughout all phases of the projects. We believe that your experience has led you to actively take a leadership role in project and see the benefits of knowledge sharing and supporting team members.
- We also believe that you are analytical, result oriented, take responsibility in your daily tasks with attention to details and enjoy working in close collaboration with others.
Swisslog is part of a global organisation that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working options
- An international working environment with an open and inclusive company culture
- Working with advanced technologies
- Encourages new ideas & innovations
- Empowerment & project ownership
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.