Technical Support Engineer
November 3, 2023
Responsible for performing preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance tasks on the system. The Technician is also the first line of defense in a machine down or error recovery situation. The Technician is required to record all work and activities performed as work orders. Work orders will be completed and stored using the CMMS system. The Technician is responsible for including the following information in the work order: what piece of equipment was worked on, a description of the PM activity or the error encountered, the total time spent completing the work, all parts used during the work, and a brief description of the work done to perform the PM or correct the error.
The technician is also responsible for taking care of all tools including individual and shared and is also responsible for maintaining a clean work area. This includes cleaning the shop after each use, following the shop cleaning schedule and completing the checklist, and following all 5S standards.
The technicians will also be asked to provide feedback on maintenance tasks, parts descriptions, work instructions, etc. This feedback will be used to drive improvement opportunities in these areas which can translate to improvements in the department.
Make an impact
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks as assigned through the CMMS
- Perform error recovery/reactive mainte-nance during operation
- Works with Team Leader, Maintenance Planner, and Site Manager to ensure all parts, tools, and other resources are available for PM’s
- Record all work performed in CMMS as work order
- Monitors SPOC and the system regularly to confirm adequate performance of the system and corrects any issues or creates a maintenance request to have work completed when the system is down
- Responsible for properly signing out shared tools and returning all tools when the work is completed or at the end of the shift
Bring to the team
- At least 3 years working with advanced automated equipment or a relevant technical certification/degree
- Experience working as part of a cross functional team
- Industrial experience working with and troubleshooting PLC’s (Siemens Simatic, AllenBradley ControlLogix, etc)
- Working knowledge of electrical systems including motors, drives, controllers, relays, fuses, sensors, etc.
- Able to demonstrate competency with a multimeter including checking the voltage in a circuit and testing the resistance across the windings of a 3-phase motor
- Practical experience working with technical documentation (mechanical drawings, electrical prints, equipment manuals, etc)
- Practical knowledge of MS Office programs
- Climbing, bending, kneeling, and able to lift 50 pounds regularly, up to 84 pounds at times
- Ability to work night shifts, including weekends
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.