Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Redditch, UK
April 28, 2023
Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer based at our Redditch head office with hybrid working available.
Redditch, United Kingdom
Make an impact
- Specification of equipment, co-ordination and integration of mechanical designs for several project elements including machines, structures, civil works, fire protection and building services to ensure that projects are executed to the highest level of quality.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our systems and design rules and gain an appreciation of the link between mechanical system design and control system engineering/software engineering to facilitate optimised engineered solutions.
- Effective communication with both customer and supplier project teams.
- Participation in purchasing activities, specification, tender evaluation and supplier selection in conjunction with project purchasing and project management representative
- Participation in installation planning activities.
- Support Sales and System Design departments with sound engineering expertise
Bring to the team
The applicant should have experience in CAD and technical drawing experience. AutoCAD would be preferable but transferrable skills would be acceptable. Experience with Revit would also be beneficial but not essential.
The ideal candidate would have a varied experience and exposure to design, specification, engineering and construction activities for mechanical equipment installation projects or similar.
Able to self-motivate, ask relevant questions and collaborate across multi-disciplinary project teams.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
WE OFFERSwisslog is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
- A great working environment
- Working with advanced technologies
- Encourages new ideas & innovations
- Empowerment & project ownership
- Multi-cultural workplace that promotes diversity
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
- Hands on training & skills development
- Domestic and international career opportunities.