Manager. Spare Parts
July 20, 2022
Responsible for staff whose duties include order entry, order administration, shipping and purchasing. Establishes processes for order tracking, maintains updated customer/vendor contact information, and monitors contracts or agreements for expiration or renewal. Interacts directly with customers regarding spare parts and order fulfillment performance. Ensures adequate inventory levels are maintained to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
Supports project managers and sales in selecting material and service providers and developing project costings. Participates in on-site mechanical engineering analysis to develop relationships with client parts clerks and maintenance teams to secure additional parts orders. Provides assistance and support to customers by coordinating delivery of parts and repair efforts. Ensures that all tasks are performed in accordance with the company’s policies and performance standards.
Directs and oversees the CS purchasing process, manages CS purchaser and responsible for reviewing and approving high value material and service purchase orders.
Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the hardware and software infrastructure system associated with the spare parts and warehousing operations.
Make an impact
- Manage the Spare Parts P&L
- Manage relationship with key parts and service suppliers
- Builds, develops and manages parts team capable of carrying out needed parts initiatives
- Develops internal schedules and delivery dates to comply with customers’ specifications and costs.
- Generates quotes for recommended and remedial parts to customers
- Assign sales orders on all major projects and parts orders
- Support sales and project management in quoting/sourcing project materials
- Establish stock levels for parts and manages inventory carrying costs
- Travel to site as required to develop relationships with site parts clerks and maintenance teams to secure additional parts orders
- Monitor budgeted revenue intake leveraging all necessary resources to meet budgetary goals
- Ensures operational compliance with all process standards, audits, and inventory verifications
- Develop robust Warranty program to meet our client’s needs.
- Oversee purchasing processes
Bring to the team
- BS in technical field or business. Direct industry experience for education equivalency may be applied as follows: 3 years of experience for 1 year of college coursework.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products, SAP experience a benefit
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the machine design industry or a directly related industry.
- A high degree of organizational and time management skills and excellent verbal/written communications skills is required.
- Proven track record in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with the ability to be flexible and adapt well to change
- Experience with SAP enterprise management system and/or Salesforce CRM systems
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.