Solution Design Engineer
25 August 2023
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge – one where you can really make a difference? Are you passionate about technology and keen to share your expertise internationally? Step forward and discover Swisslog!
Swisslog is shaping the future of #intralogistics. As part of the KUKA Group, we are at the forefront of technology that is changing the world. Serving some of the biggest and most exciting brands across the globe, we're a team of 14,000 professionals and 50 nationalities, working together to transform intralogistics with smart minds and fresh perspectives. With our flexible, robotic and data-driven automated solutions, we are powering the supply chain and taking the industry forward.
We are currently seeking a Senior Solution Designer based out of our Lyon office with hybrid working available.
Make an impact
- Participation in solution-finding process at local/European level
- Technical feasibility (Go-NoGo or change of solution)
- Able to analyze complex customer’s business data and processes
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to develop the appropriate intralogistics concepts and solution for medium to complex projects
- Create material flow diagrams, evaluate the proper technology to be used and dimension the subsystems
- Prepare solution layout through 3D tools /CAD
- Prepare budget costing based on standard Budget Tools for medium project complexity
- Evaluate alternatives and prepare ROI and Business case evaluation
- Prepare Solution design documentation, offer and contract in collaboration with Sales Project Manager
- Act as a leader in front of the customer in terms of solution and technical aspects
- Liaise with solution architect software and controls to develop the solution
- Trigger, prepare and attend to Concept and Design Review
- Consult system engineering to create detailed design when fixed price offer needs to be prepared
- Support the preparation of technical requirements specifications/drawings /RFQ in collaboration with Purchasing and System Engineering
Bring to the team
- Experience in solution design
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit
- Familiar with the common solution design standards in logistics
- High level of independence, winning demeanour, assertiveness
- Experienced IT user on common systems (MS Office, CRM & ERP systems)
- Fluency in French and English
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.