Head of Solution Design Benelux
20 November 2023
Working as part of our #Solution Design Team with a great team spirit, you will use the power of technology to shape the future of intralogistics for forward-thinking customers.
We’re offering a talented individual the opportunity to join our incredible team and get the most out of their potential – could it be you?
The position is based in Zaltbommel on a hybrid basis with some travel to customer locations in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Make an impact
The Solution Design team analyses business data (logistics planning) of our customers, identifies the customer needs, goals and challenges and effectively transforms them into solutions. The team creates concepts, including material flow diagrams, layout planning, investment and FTE calculations, and presents them to customers with the goal of Swisslog realizing these systems as a general contractor. As the Head of Solution Design, you represent the organization at management level to clients, you improve operational efficiency, and drive business growth.
Your tasks will include:
- You are responsible for leading, developing and motivating the Benelux team of Solution Designers, e.g. resource planning, assignment of tasks and projects and daily coaching of team members
- You use your industry expertise to offer innovative solutions that optimize the supply chain, reduce costs and improve service levels of our customers
- You collaborate with local Solution Design teams across Europe, reporting to the EMEA Head of Solution Design
- You collaborate with internal departments such as Sales, System Engineering, Software and Purchasing to achieve desired results on time
- You optimize the ways of working by implementing tools and processes to enhance level of standardization in data analysis, solution design and cost calculation
- You are responsible for the risk management process
- You ensure the feasibility of the implemented design and ensure that planning is done according to Swisslog standards
- You build and maintain strong relationship with our Product Centres to further develop a differentiating Integrated solution portfolio
Bring to the team
- You have a technical degree, e.g. engineering, supply chain management or logistics
- You have experience and proven track record in Solution Design in intralogistics with a good general knowledge of products and applications.
- Leadership skills to motivate and empower your team
- Strong communicator to easily liaise with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Strategic mindset with a business acumen and structured working methods.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. German and/or French is a plus
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including a company car
- Flexible working options
- A great working environment
- Working with advanced technologies
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
- Hands on training & skills development
- Domestic and international career opportunities