Head of Corporate Strategy
18 October 2023
Are you passionate about technology and keen to share your expertise internationally? Step forward and discover Swisslog! Be part of our global Strategy & Portfolio Team and lead our # Corporate Strategy & Analytics team with a great team spirit! Be part of our company success by developing and implementing the Swisslog’s corporate strategy. Make a difference by providing direction and guidance for a clear way forward.
As we live and operate in a dynamic world, customer demands and market requirements are becoming increasingly complex and change quickly. This requires a strategy that can cope with the speed of change. The Head of Corporate Strategy is leading the Corporate Strategy & Analytics team which is responsible for facilitating and establishing that kind of framework. You will provide guidance on
markets we want to operate in and ensure a strong fact basis for strategic decision making. Reporting to the Senior Vice President Strategy & Portfolio and in close alignment with our senior management and the management teams of our regions and global business functions. At the same time, the team also connects with colleagues from all other hierarchical levels across the globe ensuring we collect and share market insights, e.g. in strategic and general market analyses.
We’re offering a great leader and coach the opportunity to join our incredible team and get the most out of their potential – could it be you?
Make an impact
- You will develop and implement Swisslog’s corporate strategy in alignment with our business goals.
- You will lead Swisslog’s strategic planning process, which involves relevant stakeholders across the business
- You act as a sparring partner and consultant for our regional management teams and functions on the development of their business/functional strategy. You provide strategic insights and analysis to support decision-making.
- You will lead and coach a team of Market Analysts and Strategy Managers which will contribute to the strategy development and execution.
- You will be responsible for analyzing market trends, competitive landscapes, and industry developments to identify opportunities and threats that could impact Swisslog's strategy.
- You will communicating the corporate strategy to internal stakeholders, including senior management and all colleagues, to ensure alignment and understanding. • You will assess risks associated with various strategic decisions and developing strategies to mitigate them.
- You will be responsible for measuring the success and progress of strategic initiatives by establishing KPIs and metrics. Further, you will continuously monitor the effectiveness of the corporate strategy and making adjustments as needed based on changing circumstances or performance data.
- You will support relationship with shareholders in relevant strategic processes
Bring to the team
- You have 8-10 years of experience in strategy consulting, as a senior strategy consultant, principal or responsible for corporate development or another comparable position ideally in logistics automation industry
- You are holding a Master’s degree in business administration, management, industrial engineering or similar.
- You have 8+ years of experience leading a team. You are used to coach your team members and you have the ability to set direction and make team spirit come alive as well as develop your team.
- You are experienced in developing and executing strategies on a global level.
- Your analytical and strategic thinking as well as strong standing and communications skills throughout all managerial levels and cultural backgrounds are one of your strengths.
- You are able to drive change and you are experienced in managing the implementation of strategic initiatives and overseeing change management efforts within the organization.
- You have great presentation skills combined with moderating workshops, managing projects incl. applying change management principles.
- You have solid understanding of cultural differences and excellent English language skills
- You have the ability to act as a team player and used to online collaboration in an international environment.
- Your willingness to travel nationally and internationally approx. 20-50% rounds up your profile.
This is a remote working role with visits to our offices or you can be located in our office in Dortmund.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please state your salary expectations and your period of notice or earliest possible starting date.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.