Controls Service Engineer
20 June 2023
Make an impact
- Deliver the system for a project, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project timing
- Support customer requests – for assistance, queries, enhancements (modifications when agreed as part of the change control process) and data manipulation within defined SLA’s or contracts
- Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
- Involvement in system definition
- Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC and DC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning issues
- May be required to provide technical support to sales department and assist in the preparation and presentation of sales tenders and proposals
- Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers
- Customer responsibility for a few costumers with extended responsibility to manage yearly visits, CL Service Contract, Customer Support database, SW and documentation for the specific customer(s).
- Participate in customer discussions and note specifications, follow up on status of system and support provided. Identify improvement potential and potential to sell Change orders or bigger Extension & Modernization projects.
- Provide second level support for customers if something needs to be fixed. Call the customer back promptly and try to identify the problems on the telephone
- Analyze customer needs and translate them into system requirements, concepts and solutions
- Assess subcontractors, evaluate returns from quotations and choose the right subcontractor
- May be required to provide on the job training for internal and external resources such as system operators on the customer site
- Required to provide out of hours (pager) support for installed control systems
- May be required to work away from home, in all EMEA Region.
- Function as a key player within a project team
- Share knowledge regarding “past, painful learning’s” and how to avoid them
- Represent the company at both internal and external meetings.
Bring to the team
- Academic recognition and/or practical experience in the field of electrical/controls engineering
- Higher national diploma in relevant subject
- English B2
- Desirable knowledge of Spanish and Italian (B2)
- Several years Industrial experience with sound knowledge of one of Swisslog’s standard programming language, Siemens S7 /TIA or Beckhoff TwinCat 2/3
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Experience in the management of subcontractors delivering electrical installations and control systems
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Uses technical experience
- Continuously develops his/her skills and knowledge
- Analyzes data and information to develop solutions
- Develops practical solutions according to customer needs
- Adapts to new and changing demands
- Continuously seeks improvements
- Takes initiative
- Sets high standards
- Achieves agreed results on time
- Produces high quality work and results under pressure
- Focuses on customer needs and customer satisfaction
- Continuously improves customer service and solutions
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.