Senior Sales Manager Integrated Solution Italy
29 March 2023
The position holds the responsibility for selling Integrated Solutions in addition to paid consultancy jobs. The main responsibility is the Solution Sales segment, meaning integrated solutions consisting of a combination of different subsystems and the Software (SynQ). The sales channel is often towards larger new customers, a complex sales environment turning qualified leads and enquiries into high quality proposals, and finally converting these proposals into customer orders.
In the role you act normally as a Senior Sales Manager, being the overall responsible for your sales project. You will be leading the project specific allocated project team throughout the entire customer Sales Project life cycle, from the qualification stage up until handing the Contract over to the Realization Department.
When additional sales team resources are allocated, the Sales Manager is working close with them and managing the per case defined allocated Sales Project Team. The team will typically consist of a Sales Project Manager, a Logistic Consultant, a Solution Designer from the sales department, and realization resources such as a Software Solution Architect and a Project Realization Manager to develop a robust solution, project proposal and contract draft. The Sales Project shall eventually lead to an Order and a strong Contract. Finally, the Contract is handed over from the Sales Manager to the Realization Project Management, for Project realization and implementation.
Business Development activities are not considered part of the responsibility, as this is done by dedicated BD colleagues, who will pre-qualify leads from the market, before handing these over to you.
Make an impact
- Develop solid customer relationships at top level with clear decision makers, and maintain network/customer development for SM’s sold projects also after handover to Realization
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain customer acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, service and product
- Keep a consistent focus on the need of the customer and assure customer satisfaction
- Able to build relationship and win confidence from the Customer
- Utilize your Business Management and (Automated) Warehouse Logistics skills in your daily work
- Develop Warehouse Management System (WMS) processes and solution design strategies
- Prepare sales and presentation material in high quality and according the valid templates and processes.
- CRM system (Salesforce) responsible for your own projects
- Strong commercial understanding as basis for value-based selling (e.g. ROI)
- Speak “the customer’s language” and understand the logistics challenges in Swisslog Industry focus areas like Food & Beverage, Fashion & Aparel, Electronics & Industrials, Homer and personal care and Distribution
- Plan and organize own strategies and tasks, and manage the strategic plans for the members of a wider customer “capture team”
Analytical thinking & decision making
- Analyze the prospect/customer and decide about appropriate strategy and potential solution
- Analyze data and information to develop solutions
- Understand the customer needs and accordingly the practical impact of alternative solutions
- Prioritize tasks in order of severity
- Effectively analyses existing and potential customers needs and translate them into delivered proposal
- Strong drive to close the customer orders, being transferred into strong Contracts.
- Deliver High Quality and thoroughly worked out presentations and proposals (of Premium edge).
- Self-motivated and resistant against disappointments (e.g. lost proposal)
- Establishes effective work relationships with local Account Management Sales, Consulting & Design Marketing and Realization staff
- Maintain close network with other internal business partners (like e.g. Finance, Purchase, Controls, Software and Customer Support) as well as customers, external consultants and partners
- Manage hand-off to Realization Project Manager or other internal stakeholders
- Show integrity, trust and loyalty
- Reference Visit, Meeting and Event Administration and supporting Sales and Marketing Activities in close cooperation with Head of Sales (HoS), BD and marketing staff as well as central resources when required.
- Manage and motivate the allocated Sale Project Team (logistic consultant, system designer, etc.)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Influence and convince customers, cross-functional team members and managers
- Implement strategies to achieve goals
Learning ability and innovation
- Continually develop knowledge of Swisslog’s conceptual solutions and SW products (SynQ)
- Communicate written or verbally in a senior executive environment as well as with other employees, customers, external consultants and suppliers
- Strong communication skills (listening, targeted question posing), and be able to open doors and build relationships at the customer at different levels, shop floor to top level
- Prepare and hold professional presentations using PowerPoint
- Frequent travel to cover large geographical area
- Willingness to work alone and unsupervised or as part of a team
- Willingness to work extra hours during peak times
Bring to the team
- Logistics, Business and Marketing knowledge on high school level or higher
- Commercial traineeship or similar
- English language skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and managing peak workloads
- Excellent communication skills
- Good MS Office skills
- Higher education in Business Management and Logistics
- Other languages are an asset
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.