Controls Commissioning Engineer
19 May 2023
Make an impact
- Be the multidisciplinary role with electric, mechanical and software skills. Transversal knowledge among electrical, mechanical and software.
- Be able to supervise the final stages of the installation of our core scope under the auspices of Realization.
- HW commissioning and test I/O our core product range.
- Be able to program, configure and test electrical device as: frequency inverter, barcode reader, light barriers, etc.
- Provide a high level of technical support for the product in conjunction with field and systems support team requirements.
- Service and fault find on the Company’s products within technical limitations.
- Know the Company’s product range past and present.
- To know and practice the Company’s procedures related to the role.
- Deal promptly with customers’ enquiries, complaints or problems and refer immediately to higher authority, anything that cannot be dealt with.
- To be in contact either in person or by telephone with Regional Service Manager or Project Manager as appropriate at least once per working day
- Know and understand how to:
- Use Swisslog spare parts technical sheet / product manual.
- Use Swisslog Service Technical sheet / product manual.
- Use Swisslog data books.
- Read technical and installation drawings.
- Read electrical drawings and be able to troubleshoot.Maintain van or site stocks, Company tools, manuals, and all other Company property in good and clean order.
- Complete and submit work sheets, weekly report sheets and all other relevant returns on time and correctly supplied.
- Maintain the Company vehicle in accordance with the Swisslog Car Policy
- Promote and sell Swisslog Customer Support Services escalating enquiries to the appropriate Manager.
- Report back to the Technical Manager, Regional Project Manager or Project Manager any customer misusing our equipment (hired or owned by the customer)
- Ensure that the Company’s and customers safety regulations are followed at all times and report any anomalies immediately.
Bring to the team
- Formal training/qualification in electrical and mechanical engineering e.g.: technical diploma, formal apprenticeship
- Base knowledge of EN60204-1, EN61439-1, and machine directive
- PES/PAV certification
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Automation Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Working on small or retrofit projects.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with normal range of hand and power tools.
- To be able to work safely at height.
- Clean driving license
- Experience of working in an industrial or materials handling environment
- Familiarity with PLC processes and platform
- A good degree of technical and professional knowledge ensuring internal technical developments are understood and communicated.
- Good level of health and fitness
- To be able to effectively work as part of a team or on one’s own as required.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Good customer service skills including being able to communicate at all levels.
- Previous experience as a Customer Support Engineer
- A good understanding and knowledge of the Company’s products past and present
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.