System Engineering Technical Lead
08 March 2023
assessments, optimizations, detail designs and specifications as well as cost calculations are some of the major responsibilities during our complex customer projects throughout EMEA.
The candidate shall take technical responsibility during realization phase for the engineering of mechanical and,partially, electro-mechanical subsystems. In this role he/she will be part of the Project Team as technical owner for mechanical and civil supplies and will liaise with internal resources such as electrical specialists, IT process consultants, PLC control specialists, as well as external sub-suppliers and consultants.
He/she will support the Project Manager and Purchasing Office to select the best external supplies and control them during the realization phase up to the Final Acceptance.
The candidate shall also take technical responsibility during sales phase to support the sales team with the detailed design as well as the submission of fixed price proposals, to produce high quality design and secure the business with potential customers
Make an impact
- Interpretation of “Sale design/solution”, understand technical dependence and optimize the Sales solution and convert to cost calculations based on tool output related to complex subsystem/solution
- Act as technical manager during the implementation phase, drawing up the technical specifications in realization phase, adapting and updating the layouts and dealing with sub-suppliers to ensure the respect of the project specifications
- You will be responsible for detailed layout and technical feasibility of customer plants in CAD software – like Revit, AutoCad, etc.
- You are the first contact person for customer & supplier in any technical aspects • Domestic and International strategic and complex projects – you challenge solution concept & cost calculation
- Technical specifications and requirements are in your responsibility
- Teaming up with the Project Manager – you are technical responsible for the project execution – from planning until end of installation on site
- You are familiar with safety, risk and hazard analysis (based on machine directive) and able to apply them on complex projects
- The rest of the team relies on you as a technical expert and person always available to share knowledge
- Act as a leader in front of the costumer in terms of solution and technical aspects
Bring to the team
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the critical principles, methods and processes used to conduct a systematic and objective inquiry
- Willingness to travel and to be on business trips (approx. 30%)
- Demonstrate the ability to identify relevant technical challenges and assess their impact with expert support.
- Experience in storage and material handling systems design for logistics applications
- Expertise in plant and machinery safety – risk and hazard analysis
- Advanced CAD expertise – 2D & 3D (preferred AutoDesk: Revit, AutoCAD)
- Clear communication skills, reliable and collaborative attitude.
- Team building oriented, curiosity and willingness to learn
- Follow common team goals and sub-ordinate individual preferences
- Proactively work to develop and maintain good working relationships within the department, company and customers
- To adhere to the appropriate process methodologies, as defined by the Swisslog to ensure competitiveness and quality
- To fully support a continuous improving approach
- Committed to complete work on time and with the required standards
- CE marking and machine safety: knowledge of norms and guidelines.
- AutoCAD Layouting and Mechanical Integration.
- Site installation: knowledge of the installation of components and systems.
- Civil Engineering: anticipating the general impact on intralogistics equipment due to interdependencies between logistic equipment and civil elements.
- Solution Design knowledge, to select product segments, within Light goods and/or pallet technology.
- Purchase Requisitioning: able to create technical specifications and technical recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / automation or a significant experience in a technical environment in Intralogistics
- Depth knowledge of AutoCad
- Very good knowledge of Office, especially Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Italian native speaker
- Fluent English
- Relevant and successfully experience in automated intralogistics business or similar
- Several Years of working experience in engineering departments.
- Supply chain and logistics on site experience mandatory
- Experience in storage and material handling systems design for logistics application
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.