Senior Project Manager / Project Director (m/f/d) logistics automation projects, EMEA region
24 November 2021
As a Senior Project Manager / Project Director within the EMEA region you will be responsible for the overall ownership of large-scale and complex intralogistics projects with individual budgets higher than 100 million EUR. In this role you will lead in each project an international and cross-functional team in a dynamic environment. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role for a results-oriented individual who enjoys constant exchange with the customer and internal stakeholders.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please state your salary expectations and your period of notice or earliest possible starting date.
Make an impact
- You are responsible and accountable for the successful management (in scope, budget and time) of complex automation projects, details: budget per project is higher than 100 million EUR, typically consisting of multiple different sub-systems, and as we are data- and robotic-driven: software is one of the key topics in our projects
- You are responsible for the complete lifecycle of these projects - having at all time the major project milestones under control: from ambitious but realistic project planning to risk and claim management up-to the final acceptance by the customer, means: You will close the project with a smooth handover to customer service
- You plan and execute your projects thoroughly, from leadership over risk and cost management to supplier management, having always your main mission in mind - to maximize business success and customer satisfaction
- You will lead cross functional international teams, manage the interface between various stakeholders, mentor and motivate core team members to efficient collaboration - promoting project engagement and successful delivery against the project objectives
- You are part of our Leadership team, which means you live our vision, work together, deliver promises and develop people
- You cultivate client relationships and sales opportunities
Bring to the team
- MBA and/or Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in managing large-scale and complex projects, preferable in the automation industry
- An in-depth knowledge of Material Handling and General Contracting is a plus
- PMP® certification from Project Management Institute or similar is preferred
- Excellent German and English language are a must, additional language skills an advantage
- Strong leader who demonstrate ability to act as a team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Solution orientated individual with strong business acumen and organizational skills
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm and willingness to travel nationally and internationally approx. 20 up to 50 %
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.