Head of Simulation EMEA (m/f/d) with work location Dortmund (Germany) or Partille (Sweden)
06 September 2022
About the team and the role:
Swisslog simulation team is a group of Simulation Experts with the aim to secure the quality of offered solutions. The team has a supportive function for all sales teams in Swisslog EMEA. Amongst others the Simulation team is responsible for maintaining and developing the library of standard components to be used in demo-, simulation- and VR models.
As a part of Swisslogs Design and Engineering organization the team is greatly involved in developing automated solutions for customers within the intralogistics field, in close cooperation with System Designers, Software Solution Architects and Sales Managers. The clients will be internal both from the Sales teams and Realization teams regarding demo- and simulation models. Although the clients are internal the job also includes contacts with customers within the role as a simulation expert.
If you are interested in leading and collaborating within a team of creative experts focusing on flow analyzes within the fast-developing logistic automation business, this is your chance! As the simulation team is a unit within Swisslog, you will have great opportunities to influence the working methods and development of the group.
Make an impact
- Leading and managing the team, developing competence levels within the department
- Cross functional collaboration within the Design & Engineering organization, supporting the regional growth strategy (e.g. training, project planning, knowledge sharing, etc)
- Take the lead in collaboration with our Corporate Development for continuous improvement and development of simulation processes and standards
- Developing simulation models with the software Emulate3D and other analyzing tools for Sales and Realization organizations in the EMEA region
- Maintaining and developing a library of standardized modules in Emulate3D as base for an efficient way of setting up different Demo- and Simulation models
- Data analysis; static and dynamic by calculations and running simulation models
- Supporting sales teams as an analyst/simulation expert in front of customer
- Supporting solution design team in developing and validating solutions
Bring to the team
- Masters degree in engineering or equivalent
- First leadership experience
- The ideal candidate will have minimum of 5 years experience of designing and delivering simulation projects, preferable in the field of logistics and/or automation
- Experience or interest in programming
- Fluent English language skill is a must, additional language skills are an advantage
- Proactive self-starter with a strong initiative; open minded; interested in continuous improvement; loves to collaborate within an international environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.