Controls Software Engineer
29 March 2022
Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Controls Software Engineer based out of our Maranello office with remote and hybrid working available.
Make an impact
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the concept, architecture, implementation, testing and commissioning of control software and hardware solutions used on Swisslog's standard products. You also support other engineers in the execution of their work.
Bring to the team
- Experience in programming with Structured Text language (as defined in IEC61131) or other high level programming language such as C, C++ or C#
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation.
- Excellent word processing and spread sheet skills.
- Electrical/automation engineering Bachelor, Master,Technician or comparable experience
- Several years of industrial experience with sound knowledge of at least one of the following hardware platforms and associated programming languages – Beckhoff TwinCAT or Siemens S7.
- Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (conveyors, monorail etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Electrical qualifications (electrician licence or disconnect/reconnect) would be an advantage
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.