AutoStore’s modular, fully scalable design, makes the system future-proof: To increase throughput simply add more robots. Its flexibility also makes it easy to integrate into existing buildings without needing any additional construction work. The system’s unique redundancy means there is no single point of failure. If one robot breaks down, another takes over its tasks.
Each robot is extremely energy efficient, using just 0.1 kW of energy per hour – 6 robots use the same as a toaster! This low energy consumption combined with low maintenance costs makes for a very favorable total cost of ownership (TCO). With a low investment, AutoStore achieves efficient processing at integrated goods-to-person workstations. People don’t need to walk long distances to pick products, the robots deliver goods directly to pick stations to reduce picking times.
Why use Swisslog’s expertise with AutoStore?
- With more than 270 projects worldwide, we are the AutoStore experts and know the challenges our customers face.
- System easily integrates into other Swisslog subsystems including conveyors, robots and software, thanks to predefined standards.
- Ready for future growth: AutoStore can be used with manual picking stations or combined with Swisslog’s ItemPiQ robot cell, giving you the option to automate picking step-by-step.
- Integrated into Swisslog’s Software SynQ. In addition to the core processes you get access to analytical tools. These will help you evaluate better and make smart decisions in your warehouse.
- Proven algorithms, processes and ergonomic operator screens enable maximum performance from the overall system. Standard connection to SAP/EWM ensures reduced integration costs and increased flexibility in labor planning.
What if you could double storage capacity without any additional construction? That is exactly what Competec did!