XPO Logistics, Belgium: Best-in-class deep freeze solution
XPO Logistics is a top ten global international transport, logistics and freight forwarding company operating in 31 countries, with over 90,000 employees and 1,435 locations. The challenge for Swisslog was to deliver an automated deep-freeze transportation hub at Zellik, Belgium in a live environment, on time and with minimum disruption.
Frozen foods high bay warehouse
Swisslog provided a full turn-key solution including construction of the new building with fully automated high bay warehouse operating in freezing temperatures.
- Temperature controlled warehouse with six Vectura cranes to operate at minus 25 degrees Celsius
- Materials handling system with pallet conveyor, outfeed lanes, vertical conveyors and shuttle cars
- VoicePick voice-operated retrieval system
Improved efficiency and enhanced productivity
Delivered in two phases, on time and within budget, the project delivered:
- Increased storage space
- Reduced operational costs
- Improved efficiency of goods receipt
- Enhanced productivity
- Improved employee motivation
- Ability to expand
The new solution has enabled us to make considerable labor savings, since all pallet movements are now automated. Our goods reception is more efficient and our colleagues are more motivated by their working environment.