5 March, 2021
Make an impact
- Provide safety leadership and work closely with the Operational Directors, Human Resources and Business Unit Directors in creating and maintaining a climate in which individuals feel safety has high value and that they are clear about responsibilities, safety aims and objectives within the business
- Serve as the primary contact on safety issues and as the regional safety expert with clients, regulators, and company staff.
- Serve as the primary contact on safety issues and as the regional safety expert with clients, regulators, and company staff
- Create, manage, and review site-specific safety plans
- Maintain the accident and ‘near miss’ records and prepare reports for Health and Safety Committee, using statistical and other analytical tools. Inform HR of accidents or incidents that require notification
- Manage internal incidents; ensure that safety emergencies and injuries are properly addressed and documented
- Ensure that a thorough accident management system is in place, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place
- Review and develop all aspects of Swisslog’s Health and Safety Policy, and ensure that it is implemented consistently throughout the business. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, Site Health and Safety Managers, Regional Managers, local representatives, and subcontractors.
- Lead and direct the Safety Committee with quarterly meetings
- Review all contract documents and subcontractor safety programs to ensure they are compliant with Corporate and OSHA safety regulations.
- Identify required safety training needed in each department and organize if needed
- Ensure that appropriate training records are renewed and maintained in compliance with legal requirements to include OSHA
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new, and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that Swisslog has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
- Provide proper training to staff and project personnel in emergency response plan procedures
- Achieve the objectives given by the regional management
- Occasionally it may be necessary to carry out other duties as required by the business.
- Report monthly the results of audits, incidents, and other safety actions to your line manager to present in the Senior MGMT meetings monthly
Bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree required
- Required licenses or certifications:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- CPR/First Aid
- Certified OSHA Outreach Trainer
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER certificate
- ISO 45001 or OHSAS 180001
- Travel 25-50% of the year.
- A minimum of 5 years’ safety-related experience is preferred.
- A background in automated material handling equipment and implementation is preferred.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.