Newport News, VA
23 September, 2021
Make an impact
- Manage all Project Purchases on Swisslog New Business Projects
- Manage Supplier base following Swisslog Standard Processes
- Key personnel on ISO Audits and Kuka Internal Audits
- Participate in Swisslog Global Purchasing initiatives and reporting processes
- Represent the interests of Swisslog in dealing with the project client, the client’s consultants, the authorities and Swisslog’s subcontractors.
- Function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, within budget to the required specifications and project timing.
- Analyze offers from suppliers in terms of design, price, performance, maintainability, availability, safety, and reliability.
- Open and maintain good relations with clients and sub-contractors, communicating at all levels
- Be aware of constraints outside of own immediate area of responsibility, and to co-operate with others to achieve the overall objectives of the department.
Bring to the team
- 3-5 years industrial experience as a Purchaser
- Sound application knowledge of industrial material handling and warehouse systems (ASRS, AGVs, conveyors, monorail, etc.).
- Knowledge of Contract Law
- Effective utilization of written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Regular travel to Supplier sites within NA and abroad may be required.
- Ability to read, interpret, and negotiate contracts.
- Practical experience in Purchasing.
- Practical experience using SAP
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.