Senior Software Application Engineer
Location: Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya
7 April 2016
Make an impact
- Participate in analysis and definition of Warehouse Management System software requirement.
- Development and testing of WMS system and application software.
- Participate in commissioning and testing of the WMS at various sites.
- Develop design specification, test plan and release note.
- Assist in setup, configuration and rules according to requirement.
- Develop design specification according to requirement specification.
- Solid understanding of the customer’s operational working practices and requirements.
- Develop and enhance test plan and test cases.
- Develop release note to provide clear and concise instruction for deployment.
- Ensuring quality of work through QA and thorough testing.
- Recognize, identify cause of bug and able to apply fixes to resolve it.
- Ensure that the project is implemented successfully within schedule
Bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 4 years experience in a commercial, real time software development environment.
- Proven track record in at least one of the following: Working knowledge and experience in J2EE, EJB 3.0, Servlets Java Script, JSF and JPA; Understanding of real time programming, relational database concepts and architecture; Java programming.
- Prior work experience in Warehousing / ERP is an added advantage.
- Strong hands on development skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- An active team player and customer focus.
- Willing to travel and work overseas for long duration.
- Able to adhere to priorities and meet tight dateline.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.
- 13-month contractual bonus
- Annual performance bonus
- 15% EPF contribution by Company
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage (Group PA, Healthcare, Term Life, Travel)
- 5-days week
- Annual medical screening program
- Entertainment & Wellness facilities