Software Support Engineer
16 novembre 2023
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing existing customer extension and modernization projects.
A colpo d'occhio
Cosa puoi realizzare con noi
- Ensure that all the activities defined within support contracts are executed. If required, coordinating the tasks of other departments and external suppliers.
- Identify possible optimizations regarding the work method and organization proposing alternative solutions in order to improve organizational flow and delivered quality within the team.
- Identify and analyze recurrent customer’s site problems, executing or coordinating the fix development or new functionalities in order to solve the anomalous situations.
- Take ownership of a defined change order, including assessment, design, development (using SynQ), testing (in- house and on-site), documentation and delivery within the delivery deadline.
- Handle support request using Swisslog ticketing service. Redact closure ticket report in analytic and exhaustive way in order to communicate clearly with our customers (internal or external).
Analytical thinking & decision making
- Analyze customer issues and execute the appropriate solution, also in stressful situation.
- Prioritize tickets in order of severity, escalating any issues to the line manager.
- May be required to provide on-site training or support for customers in the first few months of a new installation.
- May be required to redact the user manuals or the procedures in order to avoid technical queries or new tickets opening.
Teamwork & integrity
- As and when required work as an integral part of the project implementation team on customer sites, adhering to the customers own internal health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform activities alignment daily with the line manager.
- Collaborate proactively with the teammates in order to overcome unexpected absences or urgent intervention on- site.
- Knowledge sharing: Document all known errors, workarounds and resolution steps so that they are available to the rest of the team
- Liaise with Line Manager, Software Project Managers, and Development Team if issues cannot be resolved.
- Keep customers advised of any pending issues and any essential maintenance work
- Willingness to work on customer sites
- Willingness to work alone and unsupervised or as part of a team
- Willingness to work out of hours (rota basis) in order to meet customers contracts
- Support customer requests for support, clarifications and technical queries, bug fixing and enhancements (new functionalities, optimizations, or extensions) and data manipulation within defined SLA’s or contracts
Qual è il tuo contributo
- Higher national diploma or Degree in computing or related subject
- Good communication skills
English level B2
- Master’s degree in computing or related subject
Business studies qualification with computing
- Previous experience in a support/ service role preferably in the Software industry.
- Proven experience of providing a high standard of customer service both internally and externally
- Background knowledge of JAVA, and databases skills
- Experience of working in a manual or automated logistics department
- Background knowledge of C++ and C#
La nostra promessa
Swisslog ti offre l'opportunità di sviluppo personale lavorando con noi in una mission pionieristica: cambiare il futuro dell'intralogistica, creando un'era di soluzioni robotizzate e basate sui dati che generano un eccezionale valore per il cliente. Siamo orgogliosi delle nostre radici svizzere, ma offriamo opportunità globali. Non ci aspettiamo la perfezione, ma da tutti i nostri collaboratori ci attendiamo collaborazione, impegno, chiarezza e competenza (i nostri valori fondamentali). In cambio, offriamo la possibilità di far parte della forza trainante che sta dietro a soluzioni che cambiano il futuro.