Software Application Engineer
Location: Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya
- Participate in analysis and definition of Warehouse Management System software requirement.
- Development and testing of WMS system and application software.
- Provides elements within modules, with less full module responsibility.
- Focus more on internal team specifications rather than customer requirements.
- Assist to develop design specification, test plan and release note.
- Assist in setup, configuration and rules according to requirement.
- Develop design specification according to requirement specification.
- Solid understanding of the customer’s operational working practices and requirements.
- Adhere to the appropriate design strategies and development methodologies, as defined by the SW PM and Company quality procedures
- Fully document all requirements definition, design, implementation and testing to the required standards.
- Recognize, identify cause of bug and able to apply fixes to resolve it.
- Participate in commissioning and testing of the WMS at various sites.
- Ensure that the project is implemented successfully within schedule.
- Ensuring quality of work through QA and thorough testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a commercial, real time software development environment.
- Proven track record in at least one of the following:
- Working knowledge and experience in J2EE, EJB 3.0, Servlets Java Script, JSF and JPA;
- Understanding of real time programming, relational database concepts and architecture;
- Java programming.
- Prior work experience in Warehousing / ERP is an added advantage
- Strong hands on development skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- An active team player and customer focus.
- Willing to travel and work overseas for long duration.
- Able to adhere to priorities and meet tight dateline.
- 13-month contractual bonus
- Annual performance bonus
- 15% EPF contribution by Company
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage (Group PA, Healthcare, Term Life, Travel)
- 5-days week
- Annual medical screening program
- Entertainment & Wellness facilities