Software Support Engineer
• The Quality Assurance Engineer position is an intermediate position.
• The Quality Assurance Engineer is expected to work in small team sizes (2-5) on projects which run from 1-12 months in duration.
• The Quality Assurance Engineer will be able to gain a solid understanding of Swisslog’s Smart Warehouse Suite (SWS) software with minimal supervision and contribute to discussions related to software.
• The Quality Assurance Engineer will also work on 24/7 on call rota in an interval of every 3 or 4 weeks.
- Establish and maintain working knowledge of Swisslog SWS software.
- Write detailed service validation and test specifications as well as release and deployment packages
- Develop test procedures
- Design and execute all assigned software test plans and compile documented results.
- Evaluate and test software according to customer requirements.
- Identify and analyze any bugs found during testing and document them. Create and
maintain defect lists for all assigned projects
- Create test data, scripts and SQL commands to test software
- Work with Software Project Managers to embed QA standards and accountability into all project plans.
- Participate in requirements gathering, system analysis, and business analysis workshops with the customer
- Participate in acceptance testing with customer
- Participate in on-site system commissioning
- Participate in on-site system support
- Carry out remote first/second level system support inside and outside of office hours