Lead Technical Support Engineer
September 28, 2022
Make an impact
|Support, maintain, repair, and upgrade installed system customer base.|
|Identify system faults and make necessary corrections to minimize system downtime.|
|Provide instruction, guidance, and assistance on preventative maintenance of High-Rise Stacker Cranes|
|Provide instruction, guidance, and assistance on preventative maintenance of Roller and Conveyor Systems.|
|Maintain competence in our industry and in Swisslog products and services|
|Diagnose PLCs, coding, computer software and hardware, and mechanical equipment.|
|Provide guidance and direction to the System Operations Mechanics|
|Collaborate with the System Operations Manager to schedule and approve vacations.|
|Ensure time entries are accurate and completed and approved on time|
|With guidance from the System Operations Manager, set yearly goals and complete annual appraisals.|
- Experience in giving technical training to groups preferred
- Experience in a Customer Service role
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven track record in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with the ability to be flexible and adapt well to change.
- Address problems and provide proactive solutions that enhance customers’ operational efficiencies.
- High level of motivation and sound work ethic
- Ability to work independently and lead a team
- Working knowledge of products, applications, and experience in controls technology,
- Excellent verbal/written communication and customer skills are required.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products (especially Excel)
- Must be highly articulate, proactive, and self-motivated, excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Bring to the team
- Trend analysis
- Ensure CMMS is updated, and maintenance schedules are adjusted when required
- Assist the Site Manager in formulating, maintaining, and achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- 5 + years’ experience in a technical service environment inclusive of strong mechanical, electrical, and PLC skills.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.