Controls Project Manager
11 July 2023
We are seeking a dedicated candidate to step into the role of Controls Project Manager within our Operations department, working with new project and customers.
The Project Manager will be the first point of contact in all controls aspects during the life cycle of a project. The role consists of successfully delivering in terms of defined scope, time, budget and quality. To take responsibility for all commercial aspects of a project including any changes and to communicate all project plans and possible issues. The Project Manager is also responsible for liaising with the customers regarding the delivery of contracted work and agreement of any change requests. You will be a part of our Controls Operations department within the Nordics.
Make an impact
- You provide leadership, coordination of Controls Project Teams and lead the team in understanding the scope and being responsible for writing test specifications.
- You will work closely with the General Contracting Project Manager regarding planning of the projects and continuous follow up on progress. You manage potential project issues by finding feasible solutions to ensure the success of the projects.
- You are responsible for quality assurance of suppliers and subsystems interfacing Controls systems.
- You are also responsible for integrating Controls systems, power networks, system interfaces and machine safety.
- You will take part in all phases of the projects from a controls perspective participating in engineering, testing and commissioning. You might also be involved to provide Controls cost estimates already in presales phase of projects.
- You make sure to effectively communicate internally and externally with your customers and ensure that changes within the project are managed properly throughout the project lifecycle.
- You are responsible for controlling costs and make sure that the projects are delivered within budget and timeframe agreed upon.
Bring to the team
- A genuine technical interest and a degree within automation/mechatronics or other relevant education.
- You have a proven track record as a Project Manager with good results in an international environment.
- You have a broad experience working with PLC software, PLC Hardware/ Electrical systems and installations.
- You have experience of working with systems architecture for Controls systems and understanding of Industrial IT and networks.
- You have sound knowledge of working with risk analyzes and always prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of your project members and sub suppliers.
- You are fluent in English and Swedish or Norwegian.
- We consider it desirable if you have been managing Controls projects in an industrial environment, preferably within Intralogistics or Automotive industry.
The successful candidate has great communications skills and you are able to effectively manage and motivate teams. We believe that you enjoy taking responsibility for your projects, take initiative and can act proactively to manage potential risks. We also believe that you are ambitious, self-going, and prefer to set challenging goals and commit to reach them. You understand the value of collaboration and reaching goals together as a team to ensure the success of your projects and high customer satisfaction.
Swisslog provides you with the possibility to grow while working with us to deliver a game changing mission: to shape the future of intralogistics by introducing an era of robotic and data-driven automated solutions that create exceptional customer value. We are proud of our Swiss roots, while the opportunities we offer stretch across the globe. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect Collaboration, Commitment, Clarity, and Competence (our Core Values) from all our colleagues. In return, we offer you the chance to be part of the driving force behind solutions that are shaping the future, while we develop the leaders that will shape ours.