Warehouse & Distribution Solutions
Other Swisslog Solutions
Dynamic Picking System for Packages and
ZoneRunner is a tote- and carton-based solution concept utilizing the zone-to-zone approach. This concept is particularly suited for environments requiring very high throughput. ZoneRunner was developed for the retail industry to optimize picking of individual items.
What customers say about ZoneRunner:
"The solution has truly met our expectations.
We have achieved what we call ‘the 50 - 50 – 50’; 50% more products on 50% of the surface area with
Benefits of the ZoneRunner Concept:
- High picking performance thanks to short walking distances and flexible, ergonomic picking stations
- Flexible response to throughput changes by increasing personnel deployment
- High picking accuracy through pick-by-light or pick-by-voice system
- Support for scales and scanners to increase picking accuracy
- Option for automatic removal of empty cartons
the ZoneRunner Concept Works:
Receiving: Individual items are placed in totes. Some systems may also support the direct putaway of cartons.
Storing: Replenishment can be performed manually or automatically using Tornado miniload cranes.
Picking: Picking stations located on a single or on multiple levels ensure efficient picking.
Transporting: Order totes move from zone to zone on a conveyor system. This allows multiple orders to be fulfilled simultaneously. In addition, the zones can be staffed flexibly depending on the required throughput.
Once the order totes contain all the necessary products, they are sent either to packing stations or directly to a sorter. A sequencer generates the exact tote sequence for manual or automated stacking of totes.